Welcome to the Building Green Podcast April 2007. This is my monthly Q&A session where I answer your green building and straw bale construction questions.
This month I answer the following questions:
1. Any thoughts on how to go about looking for land that is suitable for straw bale building?
2. Metal roof or composition? Or other? Which is the best environmentally speaking?
3. Must you have an architect/engineer that is experienced with bale construction approve your plans to ensure that the building codes are fulfilled?
4. How do you go about finding a structural engineer who is versed in straw bale?
5. Our interior plaster walls are very rough and sandy. Is it possible to paint the interior walls? If so what would you recommend?
To listen to this podcast on your computer please click the play button at the bottom of this post. Right click the following to download the podcast to your hard drive: