I’m writing to you today to ask you to make a much needed donation to Pakistan Straw Bale and Appropriate Building.
One of my favorite books “Good to Great” discusses the flywheel effect, a series of cumulative small steps that build one upon another, slowly gaining momentum. PAKSBAB has been continually pushing this great heavy flywheel for over 5 years now, since shortly after the devastating Kashmir Earthquake in Pakistan.
We have accomplished much during this time, each step a significant push on that flywheel, including training over 50 builders and constructing 23 straw bale houses in Pakistan as well as conducting successful shake table tests
at the University of Nevada, Reno.
As a result of each push our flywheel is turning faster and faster, and I now believe that PAKSBAB is approaching the point of breakthrough, when the momentum of the heavy wheel kicks in our favor. We just need a few more pushes.
What are we doing to get there?
- PAKSBAB is contracting with the Imran Khan Foundation to reconstruct 100 homes in flood-affected Swat Valley, with additional villages to follow
- We are contracting with the Rotary Club of Reading, UK to build a straw bale medical center
- We are completing a custom owner-financed home near Jhelum, Punjab province
- We are organizing bamboo workshops with Darrel DeBoer, architect and president of the Northern California Chapter of the American Bamboo Society
- Surkhab Khan, PAKSBAB’s director, is wrapping up his masters in development studies at COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- I am competing in Santa Clara University’s Global Social Benefit Incubator, a program for social entrepreneurs to develop business acumen
- And there is more in the works…
But to get there we also need a push from you – we need your financial support!
Please make a donation today:
- Write a check to our fiscal sponsor Builders Without Borders (501(c)(3) registered)
- Write a check directly to PAKSBAB (if you don’t need a tax deduction)
Please mail your check to:
P.O. Box 1083
Truckee, CA 96160
Thank you for your generosity and for helping PAKSBAB advance to the next level of our organizational development.
With much gratitude,
PS: Please share this email with others who may be interested in our work.
Darcey Donovan, P.E., C.E.O.
Pakistan Straw Bale and Appropriate Building (PAKSBAB)
P.O. Box 1083
Truckee, CA 96160 USA